TIPS FOR WAKING UP EARLY
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” we all must have heard this famous saying quite a few times, this is a quote by the popular leader Benjamin Franklin.
By our own experiences we all have witnessed that the days on which we rise up early go smooth.
Even by analysis we find that all the great leaders, successful people and people who live their lives on high standards and principles have one thing in common that is they wake up before the rest of the world.
Every time when we sit and think that its time to reboot our systems for a new journey the first thing that we consider repairing is our wake up time. Unfortunately ..
Unfortunately, even after several trials it is not very simple to just set up a alarm of 5:00 AM at night , wake up on time and get into the bathroom the next day. Yet again it is not impossible too!
So for our readers we will discuss in detail about solutions, benefits and look at this stubborn problem from multiple angles in this blog.
Why do you need to wake up early?
Lets wear thick sweaters during the summers and roam shirtless outside eating ice creams during chilled winters – Isn’t this a very stupid idea?
Of course it is because it is a fact that there is a time provided for certain things by nature and we have to follow them. So on the 24 hour scale the night time is meant for sleeping by default, by nature’s will and we cannot make any changes to it.
We have to sleep at that time and get up on the intended time. By aligning you body clock according to mother nature, you will find that you get the best sleep during the allotted time for humans to rest, which is roughly between 9 PM to 3 AM.
Benefits of Waking Up Early
Once you start regularly sleeping in early night, you can enter into deeper cycles of sleep, in these deep cycles of sleep :
- Your body takes proper rest.
- Your blood pressure drops, breathing slows,
- muscles are relaxed,
- body temperatures drop, and
- the blood supply to your muscles increases.
This results in tissue and bone both repair, as well as cellular corrections. Growth hormones are also released that are essential for muscle development.
People who wake up early also tend to have regular sleeping habits which means less stress and more time for your skin to rejuvenate.
Better rest equals more energy. And early risers generally have better sleep patterns than night owls
More energy - A 2008 study found that early risers didn’t procrastinate as much as people who stayed up later
- Waking up earlier gives you chance to associate more closely with the nature without our daily hustle and bustle, thereby reducing the anxieties. Also we can add mediation , yoga , waking, jogging etc during this time, to make this even better.
- Starting the day with clean mind, gives us an ease to keep mind peaceful through out the day also.
- Helps to avoid getting into negative states like depression and heavy stress.
- Brings Clarity in thought and ability to take more detailed and mature decisions
- Improvement in control over anger and sense agitation
- In the morning hours if we try to learn something, we will be able to grasp that more easily and moreover retain that for longer too. Added memory booster bonus. 😎
In ancient times people used to wake up early in the morning i.e. in Brahamuhurto which means "the time of Brahma- the pure consciousness"
In Brahamuhurto i.e. about an hour ago before the sunrise , a great shift in energy fills space, then , about half an hour before sunrise, a second boom of energy dawns in the atmosphere.
Hope, inspiration and peace manifest at this time. This time is considered best for attaining bhram gyan (meditation and self analysis), supreme knowledge and eternal happiness.
At this time, the environment is pure and calm and soothing and the mind is fresh after sleep.
Meditation at this time improves mental performance thus helps in increasing satva guna therefore subduing mental irritation or hyperactivity and lethargy which is contributed by rajas and tamas guna.
To lead a productive , healthy and happy life one should wake up early in the morning in Brahamuhurto.
Tips to wake up early
- Sleeping early in the night can help us complete our sleep, helping us waking up early.
- Eating our dinner about 2 hour before Sleeping, helps in proper digestion dinner which helps us feel motivated right from wakeup.
- Eating light satvic food.
- Make a timetable and discipline of sleeping early. Initially it will take few days to adjust your sleeping time with your biological clock
- Reduce your screen time and do not use mobile before 1 hour of your sleeping time.
- Do not drink coffee or caffeine products within six hours before bed time.
- Eat better. Aim for a well balanced diet full of nutrition that increases your energy. You can include fruits, vegetables, foods high in omega-3 fatty acid.
- Do not take long naps during the day time. (Obviously if we have done rest in day how we will sleep early for getting up early)
- Develop conscious practise to wake up at the same time everyday until it becomes a habit.
- Initially it will be tough for few days but don't let your excuses overcome your determination.
- Keep your eyes on the prize. The prize is a sound mind with a sound body.
- You can also take help from Accountability groups, make partner who also want to wake up early, he will help you get up everyday.
- Make a habit of regular exercise and meditation.
- It will reduce your sleep quantity and increase your sleep quality.
- If you are able to do some mantra meditation in the morning it will do wonders in your life. The best mantra to do meditation is Hare Krishna Mahamantra as mentioned in scriptures.
All the best for waking up early, always remember, the prize that you will get by waking up early is far costlier than the comfort of sleeping till noon.
By waking up early we can tap best to our inner potentials both materially and spiritually.
That's why the most successful people wake up at 4-5am everyday! Have you heard about 5 am Clubs?
See You next time! Till then try to Study Gita! and then Spreading Gita!